Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Moorea's Birth Story

...as told by Mommy. Moorea decided to join us on January 15th, her exact due date. After going to the doctor the Friday before and nothing happening, I was very upset and ready for her to get here. On Saturday I walked about 4 hours around the neighborhood and again- nothing. But, on Monday I woke up and we realized my water broke. Since we assumed it would be a long day we took our time getting ready for the hospital and eventually made it there about 11:30. Given the water breaking, the doctor needed to induce labor and we started about 3:00. We went without the epidural for 1.5 hours and then NO MORE. From 4:30 to 7:30 we relaxed, listened to music, read and I started to fall asleep about 7:30. We were shocked when the doctor came in at 7:30 and said ok it is time. After 20 minutes of pushing, she arrived! Moorea was crying and looking around the whole time. Colin walked to the nursery with Moorea for her checkup. She was and is perfect.

2 Comments:

Blogger ritaF said...

Congrats Momma! I am very happy that all went well. My daughter-in-law, Alissa, is still on modified bed rest but everything seems to be going along well. Her due date is 2/20.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have more it gets easier! :)

I didnt even push w/ Emma! I will spare you the details but if Jacob would have been that easy we would have more than 2 by now!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home