10 Weeks and Black Sheets
Another milestone was reached today with only 10 weeks left until baby gets here. I have 3 major trips left for work which is great because last week I drove down to West Palm Beach and oh my- that was tough. We had a great time at the Florida Georgia game last Saturday and not just because the Gators won. Lots of food and relaxing and the weather was great.
This week we started our babies class at Shands. I have been looking forward to this for a while, not to watch the videos per se but to hear some different opinions on the birth process and things I can do to make my backaches and pains go away. Well...... it was, um......interesting. It was a hodgepodge of information and standing up and doing exercises. I actually enjoyed the part about strectching and showing us how to take some pressure off your hips and make your back feel better, but all this was done while encouraging your 'partner' to get about 3 inches close to your face and/or rub your back. Ok, I love my husband obviously but we were both laughing since the googly eyes thing is just not us. By the way, they also suggested doing this googly eyes/back rub thing during labor. I might go for the back rub.
Colin did learn one thing at the class. She told us that in case your water breaks while in the car or lying in bed we should buy black sheets and line said bed/car (actually she might have said a black tablecloth....). Um..... ok. I sort of understand the point, but I am thinking can't your water break anywhere and I am just supposed to carry around a black sheet with me everywhere? Since Christmas is coming up maybe I can decorate my black sheet with ornaments and such.
This week we started our babies class at Shands. I have been looking forward to this for a while, not to watch the videos per se but to hear some different opinions on the birth process and things I can do to make my backaches and pains go away. Well...... it was, um......interesting. It was a hodgepodge of information and standing up and doing exercises. I actually enjoyed the part about strectching and showing us how to take some pressure off your hips and make your back feel better, but all this was done while encouraging your 'partner' to get about 3 inches close to your face and/or rub your back. Ok, I love my husband obviously but we were both laughing since the googly eyes thing is just not us. By the way, they also suggested doing this googly eyes/back rub thing during labor. I might go for the back rub.
Colin did learn one thing at the class. She told us that in case your water breaks while in the car or lying in bed we should buy black sheets and line said bed/car (actually she might have said a black tablecloth....). Um..... ok. I sort of understand the point, but I am thinking can't your water break anywhere and I am just supposed to carry around a black sheet with me everywhere? Since Christmas is coming up maybe I can decorate my black sheet with ornaments and such.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home