Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2009

The year is almost over and I wanted to post a few notes about how our year has been.

Moorea is in the 2-year old class at B'nai and this year has been great.  She has music class, computers, yoga, and shabbat every week.  She is learning about months of the year and seasons. Her letters are going a little slower, but when you are riding in the car she will tell you if she sees an O or H for example in a sign.  Her Sunday School class now includes Bible stories and her favorite so far is Jonah and the Whale.  She has also enjoyed getting to know the children of the families in our Sunday School class.  I am most proud that her teachers say she is polite and a good helper. 

The biggest change has been her vocabulary.  There isn't anything she cannot say and often will surprise us with words we never taught her or big words (stupendous).  She likes to call me darling and honey, which is so adorable.  Her favorite things now days are Fancy Nancy books, Disney World, tea sets, helping do to chores or in the kitchen, library, park, going to the movies, and painting.  She has also finally started playing with our neighbor's daughter and they are good friends.  

Colin was asked to teach a new class summer A and B.  It should be a recurring event as he got great evaluations and enjoyed the students.  He has finished the first chapter of his dissertation and is working on the second.  Unfortunately, Colin hurt his back this year.  The recovery is going very slow, but he has been able to be more active lately.  Colin was very excited to take us to Ohio University this year.  We had such  a great time at the football game and the campus was beautiful.  It was nice for him to show us where he went to school and see how much everything has changed.

For me, things are busy as always.  I am still working on many projects at UF, VA, and consulting.  There is always plenty of work to do, but I work with fantastic people so that makes my job easier.  A few highlights this year are that I got an award to travel to England and attend a training school this summer, I was asked to write a 5-part paper series for a journal, and I became a member of the research group at Moffitt Cancer Center.  Other than work,  I have enjoyed my new Girls Night Out group and our Care Group at church.

Overall, we have had a great year.  We know next year will be just as blessed and exciting.  As Moorea said last night, "Let's go have an adventure!"  We hope you and your family are happy and well and you have great adventures too.

God Bless- The Knapps

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home